About Kate Crocker Copywriter
I create premium website content to help law firms and businesses improve engagement, visibility and trust
The great thing about being a writer is that I’m always learning. It means I’m versatile enough to produce first-rate copy on a wide range of topics.
Why work with Kate Crocker Copywriter?
These skills transfer to many other areas, including small business, food and music.
My SEO training means that I write copy that’s one-of-a-kind, relevant, and useful, to help your site stand out and gain an edge.
I’m known for my:
- Legal skills and professional experience
- Search engine optimised and user-focused copy
- Attention to detail, consistent language and adaptability
- Excellent and ongoing client communication
- Affordable rates
- Friendly and reliable service
If you’re after premium website content and exceptional copywriting services, you’ve come to the right place
How did I get here? Funny you should ask
In the beginning
I worked as a lawyer for many years, in Melbourne and then in Adelaide. My work spanned commercial and civil law, with a specialisation in employment and industrial law.
After a career break to have children, I took on some work as a lecturer and tutor, providing professional training to law graduates. I developed a course in plain-English communication, which fuelled my interest in further expanding my skills in this area.
The digital awakening
This led me to freelance work, creating long-form articles for law firms and other quasi-legal organisations. I produced content in a range of legal areas and jurisdictions.
Next, I worked for a few years as a content manager in an Adelaide law firm. My primary job was content creation, but I also managed the website, social media accounts and undertook other marketing activities. I wrote in every practice area offered by the firm. Here, I discovered my ability to adapt and to learn quickly, two critical skills for any copywriter.
When this work came to an end, I realised I’d amassed a range of skills with diverse interest areas.
What to do?
I’m a believer (in SEO)
It seemed a natural step to delve into freelancing completely, but I needed to narrow my options.
After talking with a web developer, the path became clear.
Web-based content specially written to:
- Deliver easy-to-understand, relevant content to internet users
- Rank well in search engine results
I decided that retraining was the go.
- Hung out my business shingle (hello, Kate Crocker Copywriter)
- Completed Kate Toon’s Recipe for SEO Success course for some gold-standard SEO training
- Joined The Clever Copywriting Community to hone and sharpen my copywriting skills
- Joined Digital Masterchefs to keep my digital skills up-to-date
These decisions turbo-charged my abilities and dramatically improved my services. And even now, I benefit from ongoing training through my professional memberships.
Since then, my ongoing training has allowed me to add sales pages and whitepapers to my services. I also love writing podcast show notes (okay, I admit I’m a little bit addicted to podcasts) and chatbot scripts.
My legal niche
And I’ve carved out a specialist area for myself as a legal copywriter. Law firms need copywriters who know about the law. Who understand that a simple full-stop or comma can crucially change the meaning of a document. And who can strike a balance between professional communication and one that’s also reader-friendly.
It’s a tough challenge to find a writer who can deliver in all those areas. It’s even tougher to find someone who’s legally qualified and SEO-trained.
But that’s me.
And you’re here.
I’m a legal and business SEO copywriter, ready to help your organisation with sharp, trusted content for your website.
I love the diversity of the work and the opportunities to keep learning.
What’s next for Kate Crocker Copywriter?
Writing web copy is my priority, especially for legal websites.
I also use my plain-English skills in other areas, for example:
- Informative website pages
- Sales pages
- White papers
for service-based businesses, government sectors and the food and music industries.
I’m looking forward to delivering more in-house legal training to law firms on how to create SEO-friendly, reader-friendly articles and blog posts.
Maybe you’ve got some other ideas about how I can help your organisation.
More about me
- Of the very few trophies I’ve won in my life, one was for an amateur salsa dancing championship
- I make a pretty impressive fig and ginger jam
- My taste in books is too embarrassing to disclose
- I’m an out and proud Chatter
- I drink far too much black coffee
- I grew up in regional South Australia, smack-bang between the Barossa and Clare Valley wine regions. Lucky, eh?
Find out how I can help your business reach its potential.
Let’s get Crocking (geddit?)